Thursday 25 March 2010

Not the best of weeks

When I last wrote, I was off to London for my GON injection. The day went well, transport arrived and even got me there early which is a rare occurence. I got to see some familiar faces on the day unit and some new ones as well. I'm a bit of a veteran now when it comes to GON's so the nurse had me explaining it all to the new patients. I hope I didn't put them off! The injection itself also went smoothly and I only had a little wait for transport to come and take me home.

The next day not only did I feel sore after the injection but one of my carers came in to tell me she was leaving there and then. I went into a bit of a panic as this carer was meant to be looking after my cats while I was in hopsital, was going to visit and was also going to look after the cats again while I'm on holiday. The day was spent making various phone calls and getting stuff sorted. I'm all organised now and my other carer is going to do some extra hours but it was something I didn't need. Days like that make you think 'if only I could manage without help'.

Since then although the hemicrania has gone for now, the migraine is still very bad so I've not really been doing much. I go in on Monday for the DHE and although I'm always a bit apprehnesive I'm rather pleased to know that by Monday night all the pain should have gone!

It has been a bad week for PostPals as we lost 3 little girls in the space of a week. Two of them had neuroblastoma, which has claimed the lives of the majority of children that we have lost. I don't know how it can be classed as a rare cancer. It's hard when we lose children as I feel so much for the families and it reminds me so much of when we lost Kerry.

There was some good news. Alice got her wish granted and got to meet Cesar Milan. I'm more of a cat person than a dog person but I was rather jealous when I saw his photo! Her and her family so deserbed a treat and I'm so glad that Postpals managed to pull it off.

I've got nothing really planned for the next few days and am just getting things organised for Monday. I hope they send a big ambulance as I've got everything bar the kitchen sink! I'm going to try and update each day while I'm in as I hope it will take my mind off the feeling sick and stomach cramps and give me something to do.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that all went well with your GON injection. Sorry to hear that one of your carers told you about her resignation at the last minute, that's awful. I hope all goes well at the DHE next week.

    Hugs,
    Moll x x

    ReplyDelete