Wednesday 17 March 2010

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and a needle in the back of the head!

This week has not been the best of weeks as my migraine has been really bad as has the hemicrania continua.

I've made the decision not to go back to college until after the Easter holidays once I've had the DHE. I went last week and found that I was a lot less patient than usual and the strip lighting made me feel a lot worse. I feel bad about letting people down but have got to put myself first.

I did manage to go and see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the weekend. The theatre was in Milton Keynes and it only took about an hour to get there. We had great seats and they were really comfortable. I enjoyed the show but it isn't one that I would go and see again. I found the children a bit too stage school ish. I loved the special effects though. I really didn't expect the car to fly but it did and was amazing.

I'm now just waiting for hospital transport to pick me up and take me to Queen Square in London. I'm having a Greater Occiptal Nerve Block injection in the back of my head. I have these every 10 weeks and they help to control the hemicrania continua. The injection itself does not hurt too much. The worse bit is that you can hear the liquid being squirted in. They put some numbing stuff in as well so it won't hurt for a few hours but later on tonight it will start to throb a bit and be a bit uncomfortable. That will feel better in a day or so and then the hemicrania continua will be tamed for a few weeks.

Only 10 days to go until my DHE. My hospital bags are out of the cupboard and I'm just starting to get them organised. Each time I go in the more I take!

That's all for now but I'll update before I go in for DHE.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you've been having a rough week. Hugs.

    Glad you enjoyed Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, it's interesting to hear your thoughts on it.

    I hope all goes well in London.

    Take care,
    Moll x x

    ReplyDelete